I made my mother a strawberry planter for Mother’s Day, following the directions here, with two substitutions: I used shards of a broken pot for drainage, instead of hydroponic pebbles, and I bought the strawberry plants at the nursery, instead of digging them up from an existing plot.
Putting it together was so straightforward that words are not needed. You can watch the slide show. And if you live near me and want to make one for yourself, you can get everything but the hammer at Allandale Farm.
Thanks to Jimmy for the photography and Grace for the help. I created the slide deck in the new WordPress.com slideshow feature.